Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
The Catholic Schools Office is seeking an experienced EALD Teacher for placement in a temporary part-time capacity at St Columban's Primary School, Mayfield.
- Employ a range of strategies to support student learning;
- Excellent classroom behaviour management skills;
- Empathy with and understanding of the needs of students speaking English as an additional language or dialect;
- A sound knowledge of the skills and processes needed to support the literacy needs of EALD students;
- Employ a range of strategies to support and motivate student learning;
- Experience working with students with developing language needs;
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team to support the literacy and English language skills of EALD students;
- Sound knowledge of the Scales and the EALD Learning Progressions;
- Experience in implementing early literacy strategies with EALD across all stages;
- Experience in teaching English as a Second Language to newly arrived students in Australia;
- Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher;
- Record current NESA and Working With Children number on application. Current references from recent employers to support the above criteria must be provided with the application. Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
How to Apply
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/