St Stephen’s School is a Catholic primary school with an enrolment of 527 students. St Stephen’s School has a commitment to fostering the spirituality and faith development of each child within our Catholic community, where all children and their families are accepted and valued for their uniqueness. Our educational program is responsive to the spiritual, social, physical, academic, creative and cultural developmental needs of the children. Our school is located on the southern outskirts of Brisbane.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic English as an Additional Language/Dialect (EALD) teacher for the last 5 weeks of Term 4, 2021. We currently have 140 students who identify as EALD. This is a 5 day per week position. EALD experience/training is essential.
In this role you will be expected to:
• Assess students’ English language proficiency and review data to inform learning and teaching,
• Focus on the engagement, progress, achievement and wellbeing of EALD students,
• Develop partnerships with school communities, classroom teachers and Education Officers to support learning of students, and
• Collaborate with colleagues to support, implement, monitor and evaluate innovative ideas, practices and strategies.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• A strong knowledge of EALD practices and a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• An ability to identify and cater for different cultures and learning styles,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• An ability to attend in detail to innovative and creative practices and
• A willingness to maintain professional learning specific to the field of EALD.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 1 November 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): To 3 December 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Phillip Manitta
Contact Telephone Number: 0737114911
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 16-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education