To enrich our Early Learning Center (ELC) team, we are currently looking for a part-time Educator (35h).
*Please note that due to the current situation we can only consider applicants who are already located in Germany*
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1040 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the best international and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An international team of more than 220 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
In the Early Learning Center, our work accommodates different needs by responding to each child‘s individual personality and capabilities, and encouraging learning appropriate to his or her development level. Starting in the „Early Learning“ phase, we combine both the IBO’s Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Berlin State Curriculum for Early Childhood (Berliner Bildungsprogramm) guidelines together to create a holistic approach. We view our students as competent, active learners, who are allowed to develop in a manner and rate that is unique to them as individual. Our international teaching team is open, warm and caring with the children and pay special attention to creating relationships built on trust.
The profile of an early childhood educator at BMS:
- A dedicated early childhood educator, who is passionate about working with ages 3-6.
- An individual who is interested in working with and helping to develop the best international and local curricula (the IB Primary Years Programme and the Berliner Bildungsprogram).
- An open and enthusiastic life-long learner, who is interested in working with inclusive education and restorative practices.
- A first language English speaker with German language knowledge, or interest in learning. Or a first language German speaker with English language knowledge.
- A strong communicator who works well with large teams, as well as in teaching partnerships.
- Someone who is flexible and resilient, open to creative challenges, and skilled in organization.
- A pedagogue who is confident in using EdTech in the early years, or interested in learning.
- A person who is sensitive to the specific needs of families in an international setting, is interculturally aware, interested in learning about other cultures, and is open-minded.
- A qualified educator with a degree/certificate in early childhood education.
- With an interest in developing yourself professionally in the area of early childhood education.
What to expect at BMS:
- We offer a modern, inspiring work environment with international, dynamic employees and an open school community
- We are located in the heart of Berlin with a great public transportation connection.
- Our cooperation and the sense of togetherness are distinguished by a special team spirit and respectful and harmonious interaction.
- Our open-door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counselling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration.
- Continuous personal development through “Professional Development Days” and individual training.
- Benefits such as daily free lunch for all staff members and sabbatical opportunities.
Berlin Metropolitan School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years