Location: Nicholls, ACT
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Salary Range: $71,428 - $119,707 (based on skills and experience) (paid pro-rata for part-time)
Start Date: January, 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Wednesday 29 September 2021
Holy Spirit Early Learning Centre is the second regional Catholic Early Learning Centre for families in the Gungahlin area. It offers a quality preschool education for four-year-olds, catering for children in the year prior to school. The Centre also provides childcare for children before and after preschool hours, opening from 7.30am to 6.00pm. The program is innovative and play-based, catering for the interests of all the children with the curriculum being based on the Early Years Learning Framework.
About the Role
An exciting and rewarding opportunity exists for an Early Childhood Teacher to support the implementation of the mission of Catholic education and to provide high quality service and programs for children that are attending a pre preschool class at the Holy Spirit Early Learning Centre. The Early Childhood Teacher works as a part of a team striving for excellence in teaching and learning, where relationships and partnerships are nurtured and respected, where children feel safe and develop a strong sense of identity.
- A willingness to support the ethos and mission of Catholic education.
- Proven teaching experience with young children.
- The capacity to develop a differentiated pre preschool program, which is influenced and shaped by the Early Years Learning Framework, especially in meeting the specific learning needs of all children.
- Experience in assessing and responding to the developmental needs of children.
- Proven and effective conflict resolution, student management and parent communication skills.
- An ability to create and provide a challenging and nurturing environment that values the roles of parents, encourages a love of learning, and celebrates the uniqueness and worth of each child.
- A commitment to cooperative teamwork and professional engagement with all ELC staff. Engage in regular self-directed professional learning.
- An understanding of the implications of legal, employment and child protection policies.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Michelle Parkes on 02 6162 0488 or via email michelle.Parkes@cg.catholic.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn