St Nicholas Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Early Year Practitioner
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 11 March 2021
Closing date: 11 April 2021
Start date: 01 May 2021
Place of Work: 22 Salmon Street, Kingsbury, London, NW9 8PN
St Nicholas Preparatory School and Nursery based in Middlesex, North West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 3 months – 11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent required
• To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips
• To maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager
• To take part in supervisions, reflecting on your own wellbeing and mental health and to seek support from Management when you need it.
• To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
• Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching.
• Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn.
• Working with parents to support their children.
• Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
• Monitoring progress and planning educational games.
• Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
St Nicholas Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
St Nicholas' School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age Up to 11 years