About this role: We are now recruiting! Bearsted Primary Academy has a truly fantastic and unique opportunity for both those at the start of their career in teaching and those more experienced Class Teachers to join us and be part of our brand new academy opening in September 2020. This is an exciting and rare chance to join a school from the very beginning of its journey and play a pivotal role in its success and development, laying the path for future years. Our teaching staff at Bearsted Primary Academy will provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils in order to ensure every child reaches their full potential. We are looking for outstanding practitioners who are creative and imaginative teachers with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework.
Click here to view Bearsted Primary Academy’s website and learn about about our journey so far in the lead up to opening in September 2020.
We are looking for teachers who:
• Are graduates with QTS
• Have evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
• Have high levels of success in teaching in EYFS and KS1
• Have the highest expectations of pupils and themselves with a desire to professionally develop
• Are enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
• Have the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
• Are able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
• Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, our successful candidates will receive:
• The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT academy
• A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
• A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
• A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
For more information, please consult the Job Description which is inline with the National Teaching Standards.
At Bearsted Primary Academy we will:
• Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
• Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
• Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go and try their best’, cultivating an ‘I can do’ attitude
• Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
• Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
• Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
• Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.