EYFS Class Teacher Full Time – Fixed Term Contract (Sep 2018 – Aug 2019) with possibility to extend and become permanent
This is an exciting stage in the school’s development as we have just embarked on a transformational journey to become one of the most improved schools in London! This post is an excellent opportunity to work in a strong Early Years setting, alongside an experienced and dedicated Early Years Team!
We have been graded as ‘good’ in all areas by Ofsted (June 2016) and pupils are beginning to make rapid progress in our purposeful and engaging environment. Since September 2017, when we appointed a new headteacher, we have been redefining what is possible for our pupils. Roxbourne is committed to giving every child the best possible start in life and we know this starts in the Early Years. This academic year alone, we have developed and launched a pioneering reading programme, implemented a specialist teacher model and we have introduced 20% release time for all class teachers (equivalent to a whole day out of class). There are still a number of innovative initiatives in the pipeline, including Weekly Incremental Coaching and a full review of our Early Years approach – and we’d like you to be part of this development.
We are looking for:
- an ambitious Early Years teacher to join a highly effective team
- a teacher with a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every child
- a practitioner who is willing to go above and beyond, and do whatever it takes to ensure all children are happy and successful
- a reflective practitioner, who is continually striving to improve through our weekly coaching model
In return, we offer the opportunity to:
- join a school committed to achieving a healthy work / life balance, for example, at Roxbourne, all teachers receive 20% release time (equivalent to a whole day out of class)
- work closely with a team that will provide support and direction
- work with staff, pupils and parents who are incredibly aligned, dedicated and passionate about our school community’s potential to achieve remarkable things
- engage with a parent community with high aspirations and children with exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning
- work in a well-resourced school on an impressive site, which includes; a large EYFS outdoor area, multiple playgrounds, a school field and dedicated classrooms for music, art and DT, food technology as well as a library, two computing suites and multiple small group rooms
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm!
The application pack and form are available from the school website: www.roxbourneprimaryschool.co.uk/vacancies-1. To arrange a visit, for a confidential discussion or for any technical queries please contact the headteacher’s PA on 0208 422 9207 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at 13:00 (however applications will be reviewed as they are received, please apply early to avoid disappointment).
Start Date: September 2018 or earlier if available sooner.
Roxbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide references. CVs are not accepted.