Responsible to: Board of Directors and Principal in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities.
A. As Class Teacher to:
• Respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious background and by example, provide mutual respect and tolerance.
• Share in the management of pastoral care, health, welfare and behaviour of all pupils and in particular, those within your designated class group.
• Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
• Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
• Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
• Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school. Treat all information with confidentiality.
• Ensure the provision of equal opportunities for all.
• Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
• Be responsible for all aspects of classroom management eg. Care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room.
• Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
• Collaborate with Principal and staff in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios. Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
• Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care.
• Guide, motivate and monitor classroom helpers in carrying out their tasks.
B. As Team Member to:
• Collaborate with staff in long term planning.
• Take corporate responsibility for displays throughout the school.
• Share management and delivery of assemblies.
• Offer and receive advice and guidance on issues which affect the whole school’s performance and ethos.
• Share your expertise.
• Participate in appraisal procedures and in-service training that provide personal, professional and career development.