Early Years Coordinator
Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou. (Hangzhou)
Job Posted: October 13th, 2017
Dates: Apply by 27th October 2017.
Job starts: March 2018.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 3 years
Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou will open in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. We are creating a new level of excellence for bilingual education in which our pupils follow a curriculum based upon the Chinese state requirements, enhanced by the National Curriculum for England that will lead to IGCSE and “A” level examinations. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Leading a learning environment that creates a strong sense of community for teachers, children and parents alike.
- Leading the Early Years Team across all aspects of the day-to day- programme.
- Planning effective strategies and programmes for links and smooth transition between the Early Years and Primary School for the short, mid and long term, in alignment with the priorities of the School.
- Leading a team of teachers to ensure the very best planning, teaching and learning is taking place for all our students.
- Staying abreast of developments in private education in general and international education in particular.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description has been provided in the supporting document section.The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher and coordinator.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning in Lower Primary.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to jobs.hangzhou@wellingtoncollege indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: October 27th 2017