An Exciting opportunity in Malaysia awaits you
Established in 1960, the TENBY SCHOOLS GROUP (part of the British owned International Schools Partnership) operates international and private schools in peninsula Malaysia.
Tenby International School Setia EcoHill commenced operation in September 2016, offering an international, student-centred programme for students from Early Years up to Y11, focusing on the development of responsible learners who are both independent and creative thinkers. Both the Primary and Secondary schools are located on a 14-acre purpose-built campus, with a capacity for 1800 students, which is equipped with modern teaching and learning facilities.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our vision of ‘A United World At Peace - Through Education’.
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Early Years Coordinator for our school located in Semenyih, Selangor (near Kuala Lumpur).
Further information about Tenby Schools is available on our website www.tenby.edu.my
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To oversee the implementation and delivery of the UK Foundation Stage Curriculum, according to the age, aptitude and abilities of the pupils being taught. The EY Coordinator will work in partnership with the Primary Leadership Team to secure success and improvement, ensuring high quality education for all its students and improved standards of learning and achievement for all.
- To work with the SLT to accelerate progress for all pupils in EYFS
- To support, develop and coach teaching and learning across the EY department, so that the school delivers consistently excellent teaching.
- To lead and co-ordinate assessment across the EY department, maximizing pupil and parental engagement
- To implement the International Early Years Curriculum
- To support the Head of Primary in establishing a vision for the future of the EY department.
- To play a leading role in ensuring that the quality of teaching and provision in the EY department is outstanding.
- To contribute to the school’s self-evaluation process as directed by the Head of Primary.
- To lead whole school policy change in the EY department by modelling and supporting colleagues with direct proven impact.
- To help develop a highly effective school.
The position holds
Candidates must have a degree plus a PGCE or a BEd or equivalent, and relevant teaching experience, particularly in a student-centred learning environment. Experience with the IEYC is desirable.
If you are committed to developing creative and articulate learners, with a deep-rooted desire to help every student reach their full potential, we would be delighted to hear from you.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
This is an opportunity for you to live and work in a culturally diverse capital city. There are also opportunities for promotion within the organisation.
Initial interviews will be completed through Microsoft Teams. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is April 12th
but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send a letter of application together with a comprehensive CV, which includes a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
Tenby International School - Setia Ecohill
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years