Employer: Concord Academy
Location: Shanghai, Puxi (Xuhui, metro line 11) China
Salary: 25,000-30,000 RMB per month (after tax) Exact salary will be determined by qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- Housing 8,000-12,000 RMB per month
- Medical insurance
- Annual return flights
Type of Visa: Work visa
Contract: Full time
Contract Term: 2 years fixed term
Shanghai Concord Academy Bilingual Kindergarten
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic, energetic and committed Early Years teachers to be part of a yet to be opened Early Years Centre in the heart of Shanghai. Concord Academy is located in Puxi with access to the Former French Concession within 15 minutes. ‘Concord Academy’ Early Years Centre will be a feeder school for its prestigious sister school, Shanghai Concord Bilingual School, which opened its doors in September, 2017.
Concord Academy will offer a truly bilingual education to both Chinese and foreign passport holders aged 2-6 from September, 2018. Year groups will include Pre-Nursery, Nursery, Reception and Year One.
We are looking for passionate Early Years educators who are prepared to embrace the internationalised approach of a school that seeks to combine the very best of Chinese and English education systems.
The successful applicants will be involved at the very beginning of this enterprise. Experience of teaching overseas students is therefore a considerable advantage.
Candidates should have:
- a relevant degree (bachelor or above);
- a formal teaching qualification and at least 2 years teaching experience;
- the capability and experience of teaching expertly and confidently within the Early Years or Key Stage One age range;
- a willingness to accommodate the needs of students with varied linguistic ability;
- commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their class;
- proven commitment to being an excellent classroom teacher;
- excellent administrative, organisational and ICT skills;
- the ability to pick up new procedures and routines quickly;
- experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage;
- willingness and ability to contribute to the school’s extra-curricular enrichment programme.
Please see attached Job Description
How to apply
Closing date - Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
Please return your completed application to: Daniel Jiao, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews – During March 2018, arrangements dependent on the location of the candidate.
Successful applicants will be invited to take up their position mid-August, 2018 and will be assisted fully with all relocation requirements, including visa and work permits if necessary. A full programme of induction will also take place.