Harris Primary Academy Purley Way opened in September 2016 and is due to move to a brand new modern, bright building on Purley Way with its second intake in September 2017. Our academy is a warm, welcoming place to work and learn.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative teacher with high expectations to join our collaborative and growing academy team in September 2017. This is an exciting position, which could offer excellent career progression and development. The position could be in EYFS or KS1 depending on the skills and experience of the person appointed.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about, and experienced in implementing current good practice, including synthetic phonics, and a creative approach to English and mathematics. We are looking for an outstanding practitioner and team player, who enjoys teaching, has a desire to contribute to the development of the school and has:
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way?
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work, with a brand new building and superb facilities;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is committed to developing others;
- Generous Harris benefits.
For a confidential discussion about this post or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Donna Neblett on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 24th April 2017, 12pm
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.