Markham College is a large school on two campuses. The Early Years campus, located in the Monterrico area of Lima, has 560 pupils between the ages of 3 and 7. We are seeking an experienced and inspirational Nursery or Pre-Kinder (UK Reception) Class Teacher to start in February 2022.
We have four Nursery classes and six Pre-Kinder classes. The four Nursery classes are individual classrooms with a shared outdoor space. The two Pre-Kinder units are open plan with four rooms and three classes in each, accommodating approximately 75 children in each. We follow the British National Curriculum and invite applications from Early Years practitioners to join our team working in either Nursery or Pre-Kinder. We are looking for team players who bring a genuine love of teaching and learning and a commitment to student wellbeing and wider school life. Experience teaching the EYFS is essential as well as experience with EAL learners.
The successful candidate will show a genuine commitment to creating an inspiring and stimulating child-centred learning environment. Candidates should be committed to ongoing school improvement and feel comfortable in a climate of change and innovative development.
We’re looking for a class teacher who:
- Is energetic, highly motivated and passionate about teaching and learning
- Approaches school life with enthusiasm and a commitment to ‘make a difference’ to the children at Markham College
- Is flexible, creative and enthusiastic
- Delivers exciting and innovative lessons
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students
- Embraces each child as an individual and is able to manage diverse ability levels
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for children
- Works with other adults to plan and coordinate learning both indoors and outdoors
- Communicates with all other staff members who engage with children
- Communicates regularly with parents as per school guidelines
- Has experience using digital portfolios eg Seesaw
- Attends and contributes to continuous professional development
- Has the ability to adapt to living in a South American country
- Is aware of language and cultural differences when living in a country where English is not the dominant language
Successful candidates must hold a UK (or equivalent) teaching qualification and will be responsible for the teaching, learning and pastoral care of children ages 3 to 5 years.
A member of the Latin American Heads’ Conference (LAHC), International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) and the Round Square Organisation, Markham College, Lima, is one of the leading independent schools in South America. Markham College is a not for profit organisation governed by a Board of Governors.
Applications with a covering letter and a CV of no more than two pages should be uploaded to the school’s application system (https://jobs.markham.edu.pe) or email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than Monday 13th September.
Information about the College can be found at www.markham.edu.pe.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years