Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Phase Leader
(Class-based – Preparatory)
Applications are invited from colleagues with a minimum of four years full time teaching experience in a high achieving school who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching, learning and Leadership within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The successful applicant will join our vibrant learning community at an exciting stage of our development. Additionally applicants will have strong ICT skills and a proven ability to effectively use technology to support learning.
Applicants applying for Foundation Stage positions should be aware that the Hong Kong Education Department requires that all Foundation Stage teachers’ qualification certificates clearly state that they have received specialist early years/childhood or training for 3-5 year old, or 3- 7 year old children.
Teachers holding a General Primary QTS are not permitted to teach Foundation Stage in Hong Kong, regardless of previous early years’ experience.
Preparatory classes are mixed ability and rarely exceed 23 pupils. A maximum of two EAL pupils are permitted per class. Class teachers, line managed by their Phase Leader, are responsible for their pupils academic and personal progress. Class teachers are responsible for the teaching of Maths, English, Humanities, Science and PHSE. They are the first point of contact for parents. Colleagues provide specialist teaching for Mandarin, French, PE, Music, Library and Art; the class teacher works alongside specialist teachers for ICT and Games.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
- An innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding education beyond the National Curriculum
- The ability to inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and presentation skills in English
- Commitment to a Foundation to Year 13 school philosophy with the highest levels of pastoral care
- An understanding of the importance of continuing and enhancing the strong links already in place with Preparatory/Senior colleagues to ensure a seamless curriculum and transition from Preparatory to Senior.
- The ability to respond positively and proactively to the challenges of a rapidly developing school
Recent UK experience and knowledge of UK independent sector schools is desirable but not essential. Applicants will have strong ICT skills and a proven ability to use technology to support learning.
Further information on the position, and online application process, is available through the school web site: