Repton School Abu Dhabi is seeking an outstanding Early Years/Foundation Stage Teacher for our Rose Campus to start January 2022
About Repton School Abu Dhabi
Repton Abu Dhabi is a prominent school on Reem Island in the heart of 'new Abu Dhabi'. We've been here since 2013, growing quickly due to our popularity with the local and expat community alike and our quality has been recognised though the award of a 'Very Good' rating by ADEK with several outstanding features, which we seek to build on in the years ahead.
We follow a British independent school curriculum which incorporates elements of the English Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum but allows highly skilled teachers to develop a curriculum for an international environment.
Our greatest challenge as a school is to develop in our students the capacity for independent thought and action, and then combine this with rational and responsible decision-making.
Play underpins the Early Years Foundation Stage. It also underpins learning and all aspects of children's development. Through play, children develop language skills, their emotions and creativity, social and intellectual skills. We value play and provide safe but challenging environments that support and extend learning and development. The curriculum is delivered with a child led focus and we encourage the students to share their interests which are then included as learning opportunities in each classroom.
About the School
The Early Years are housed on Rose campus. A specially designed foundation school campus catering for Nursery – Year 1. The facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, multiple gymnasiums and outdoor playgrounds all cater towards early years students. Staff and students also benefit from being an Apple Distinguished School. The structure of the Early Years allows for middle leadership opportunities, including; heads of department and heads of subject.
- Generous basic pay based on completed years of experience
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight allowance, accommodation provided, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Tuition fee remission for up to two dependent children in Repton School Abu Dhabi
As a school we are very proud of the culture we have built at Repton Abu Dhabi. Schools are about people and relationships and our recruitment strategy very much focuses on hiring people with outstanding character. We are protective of our culture. The following character traits are non-negotiables:
- Team Player who adds to the collaborative culture of the school
- Positive attitude, adaptable and solution focused
- A life-long learner with a growth mindset
- Humility and humour - An ability to work hard but have fun
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational; we cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria. We require:
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education
- Have experience teaching in a school with an outstanding track record
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum international school
- Be at least 25 years old
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years