Permanent role • Term Time + 1 Week • Hours of work: Monday – Friday 08.30-3.45
Wellington Eagles Primary Academy are seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work in the Early Years Foundation Stage from January 2022. If you share our values of excellence through rigorous learning of key skills within a rich and broad curriculum we want to hear from you.
What we offer?
- The chance to work in a friendly well run school.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team from January who:
- Has experience of working within a primary setting
- Can demonstrate relevant professional qualifications suitable to a primary setting, preferably to level 3
- Can work independently alongside the teacher
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Is prepared to lead learning in small groups both in class and as part of additional provision
- Can bring warmth and positivity to our school
The right candidate will have:
- The ability to relate well to children and adults and establish good working relationships
- The ability to provide support for pupils, including those with special needs.
- Ability to utilise strategies to support pupils in achieving learning goals.
- Use ICT effectively to support learning.
- Full knowledge of procedures relating to child protection, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A professional appearance.
Please download an application form. Please note that CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Closing date: 09.00, Monday 13 December 2021
Wellington Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note any position that involves working with children requires a declaration if ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as ‘spent’. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before the interview, at the shortlisting stage, and will be used as part of the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one reference must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current employer. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Wellington Eagles is a new purpose-built school based within a new housing development in Ludgershall, Wiltshire. It is sited on what used to be the old Salisbury Plain Barracks and vehicle depot, both of which have been demolished to make way for 24...