This is an exciting opportunity to join the primary phase of a growing through-academy with a highly supportive staff team. Due to the relocation of the current postholder, we are looking for an exceptional teacher to lead our Early Years department from September 2018.
Berryfields Church of England Primary School opened as part of the Aylesbury Vale Academy Trust in September 2013 and we now have children in all year groups from Nursery to Year 6 for the first time. We are highly aspirational for our students and our distinctive, story-telling curriculum and focus on creativity enables our students to make very good progress.
As a Church of England School and as part of the Aylesbury Vale Academy Trust, we are sponsored by the Oxford Diocese and have community facilities and a children's centre on site. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children is essential and we expect all our staff to share our desire to serve the people of Berryfields and to help build a community that enables our children and their families to be the very best they can.
About the Role
Our Early Years department includes 2 and 3 year old nursery provision and two classes of Reception. We are looking for an inspirational teacher with sufficient experience to lead the team. Based in a Reception class, you will work alongside the teacher of the parallel class and will have oversight of both Reception and Nursery. You will be responsible for ensuring that provision is challenging and engaging and helps our students make excellent progress towards year group expectations and transition towards Key Stage 1.
The post provides:-
• High levels of mentoring and support for those new to leadership and a commitment to professional development, with further scope for career progression as the school grows and as new roles emerge.
• Opportunities to contribute to the leadership of the whole primary phase, working with other key stage and subject leaders, as well as senior leadership of the through-academy.
• Opportunities to develop pedagogy by working closely with colleagues and school leaders on the continuing growth and development of the school; by cross-phase working within the primary school and with the adjoining secondary school and by partnership working with other local schools.
• A pleasant working environment with high quality resources and well planned provision, working within a supportive and collaborative team.
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes).
• State of the art gym available for staff use
The post is suitable for teachers who have worked in the Early Years; who have experience of leadership or the potential to develop these skills. You may have experience of other key stages or have worked in other fields.
If you are looking for the next step in your teaching career and are a creative and reflective practitioner with high expectations for children's achievement; if you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of something special, then we would love to meet you and find out more about you.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 05 March 2018 and interviews are expected to take place later that week.
Please contact the Headteacher, Jonathan Walker for more information or to arrange a visit. Email email@example.com Telephone 01296 674263.
Positvely welcoming appliations for all parts of the community.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.