Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:45am – 3:15pm; 30 hours per week
Work Pattern: Term Time only
Salary: Scale 2 Points 3 - 4
Interview Date: 19th November 2019
Laurel Lane Primary School is proud to be an inclusive school. We provide a high quality, creative and challenging education within a secure, caring and happy environment, where every child experiences a sense of enjoyment and is encouraged to achieve their full potential through a love of learning.We are a warm welcoming and supportive school, where a great emphasis is placed on all round personal development, as well as academic progress.
We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our Early Years setting from January 2020.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Work under the direct instruction/guidance of teaching staff;
- Undertake work/care/support programmes;
- Enable access to learning for pupils;
- Assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
- Complete interventions for pupils under guidance of the SENDCO and Inclusion Manager.
Some of the additional duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and providing particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Undertaking programmes of intervention, recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher.
- Accompanying teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of the teacher.
If you believe you are the right candidate to fit this role, then please do not hesitate to apply now!
CVs will not be accepted and previous applicants need not apply.