Hours: 20 hours per week, term time (38 weeks + 5 days – inset days)
Salary: Scale 5 point 12-17 (£22,183-£24,491), London weighting (£1978) pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term contract to end July 2022
At Kingsbury Green, we create the opportunities for all children, parents and staff to expect excellence as standard. The learning climate and environment will offer and develop in children and staff, empathy, intellectual and physical agility and the pleasure in a job done well.
We serve a diverse, multi-cultural community, valuing the richness our local area brings to the school. We put learning at the heart of everything we do, to ensure our children gain both the academic skills and social skills to become global citizens. Our children love to learn in many ways and show this through their impeccable learning behaviour, willingness to take risks and to take on responsibility and leadership roles.
Our values of Empathy, Agility and Hard work are central to our curriculum and children’s personal development.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant who:
- Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team
- Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
- Has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative
- Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
- Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families
- Is willing to assist children with their personal care if needed
Candidates need to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the Early Years curriculum including writing observations.
- Ability to work well in a team
- High quality teaching of English, Maths and Phonics
- Good knowledge of behaviour management and reinforcing positive strategies
We can offer you:
- A happy, caring school with an inclusive ethos
- A fully supported induction process
- An opportunity to use your skills and develop professionally
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is essential for the post.
Close and shortlisting date: Monday 12 April 2021, 10.00am
Interview: Week beginning Monday 19th April
To download an application pack, please visit our website at:
Or if you require further information please contact the school office on:
0208 204 6423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingsbury Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates prior to interview. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.
Kingsbury Green Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years