“Be the best you can be”
Early Years Practitioner
Level 3 Qualified
Grade 3 £17,173 – £18,870 per annum (£14,234 - £15,641, pro rata to hours and weeks worked)
35.5 hours per week, Term Time only pus Teacher Training Days.
Governors at Richard Lee Primary School are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join our new and developing Early Years centre for 2 and 3 year olds – The Willows.
In Willows we seek to ensure that children are well supported and engaged in their learning. We are developing our ‘in the moment ‘approach and provide a wide range of open ended resources and a stimulating environment. Supported to lead their own learning. Willows’ is a place of fun and learning where relationships with children and their families are respected and nurtured.
We are looking for someone who:
• Can support senior management in providing high quality childcare and education
• Will supervise and manage a stimulating learning environment for children aged 2-4years
• To develop planning ‘in the moment’ to extend children’s learning and develop exciting learning experiences for all the children in our care.
• Take responsibility for a group of key children and take responsibility for observing, planning, tracking and evaluating their learning and development and setting individual targets
• Has a detailed knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and a sound understanding of child development.
• Will work in respectful partnership with parents/carers when supporting children in their learning and development
• Has a sound knowledge of behaviour management and SEND
• Holds a recognised and relevant qualification in childcare at Level 3 in Early Years (or equivalent)
• Has experience of working with 2– 5year olds
• Holds current Safeguarding and Paediatric first aid qualifications (desirable)
• Is committed to working in partnership with parents, Governors and the school and wider community
• Has a passion for working with young children and their families
We can offer:-
• Hard working colleagues and support staff who are passionate about what they do
• A supportive governing body who are committed to helping the school move forwards
• A wonderful purpose built early years setting in a recently built school and access to on-site woodland area and ‘Forest Schools’ activities.
• A well-resourced setting and opportunities to develop this further.
• A strong team structure, collaboration opportunities and a commitment to your professional development with regular training.
• A commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition
• A range of benefits which includes cycle to work, free parking and an employee discount scheme.
If you would like to know more please come and visit us. We are excited about our future – we would like to hear from you if you think you could be part of creating that future.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk, www.tes.co.uk, https://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/ or by email from Emma Over, Trust HR Director, HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Completed forms are returnable to Human Resources via email on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Closing date: 9:00am on Friday 18th January 2019
Interview date: Friday 25th January 2019
Richard Lee Primary School is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance