Gidea Park Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Early Years Practitioner
Rate of Pay: £22,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2022
Place of Work: 2 Balgores Lane, Romford, Essex RM2 5JR
We are currently recruiting for an Early Years Practitioner to join our thriving nursery. The successful Early Years Practitioner will share our passion that the early years are formative, experiences now can shape a child’s future attitude to school. It is our aim that they should look forward to every day.
Gidea Park Preparatory School and Nursery is an independent, co-educational day school for children aged 3 to 11, where pupils get the best start possible and learn in a happy and secure environment. Founded in 1917, we have been educating, nurturing and challenging children for over 100 years. Children are at the heart of everything we do; our small classes and school environment truly allow us to know our pupils as individuals and to tailor our teaching and curriculum accordingly. We have high expectations for our pupil’s academic progress and personal development and work closely with our parents to ensure that all our pupils get the very most from their time with us.
The school has an enviable academic record and a long tradition of sending pupils to grammar and selective independent schools. But there is a great deal more to Gidea Park than just academic success. We firmly believe that happy children make better progress and to achieve this, children need to be understood, listened to and valued.
This is an exciting time for you to join our School in the next stage of its growth. The nursery is expanding and we are looking for passionate staff to take this journey with us. We would welcome applications from experienced Early Years Practitioners as well as those who have recently qualified.
If you are able to demonstrate the following we would welcome your application;
- Level 3 qualified in Early Years.
- Able to inspire our pupils with enthusiasm and a love of learning
- Have a sound knowledge of the requirements of the Early Years curriculum
- Able to plan and prepare engaging and stimulating activities for pupils or every ability.
- Able to positively impact pupils in every aspect of their education including pastoral care.
- Able to encourage learning and development, through play and teaching.
- Can create a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn
- Can work with parents and carers to support their children
- Enable children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills
- Monitor progress to enable planning
- Put together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day
We are looking to employ on a permanent basis, you will play a key role in the growth at Gidea Park.
As part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools you will also benefit from
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual salary review.
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows.
- Ongoing coaching from the management team.
- Childcare fee discount.
- 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service.
- Pension scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750.
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Gidea Park Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).