Al Dhafra Private Schools are owned by Dhafir Group who are a highly successful and well-organized establishment based in the UAE. The group currently own 2 co-educational, all through schools based in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, which offer American and British curricula respectively.
Al Dhafra, Abu Dhabi is a well-respected and popular school with over 1600 students, meeting the needs of the local Emirati and diverse international community. The school is on a very exciting journey and has recently received a very positive Inspection Report from the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC). The school empowers its staff to fulfill their roles successfully and encourages and supports professional development. The school enjoys the benefits of dynamic, experienced leadership and management, a vibrant learning community, dedicated teachers and supportive governance. The school is located at the entrance to Abu Dhabi, perfectly situated to explore and experience the beauty of the emirates
THE POST - Early Years / Primary Class Teacher, United Arab Emirates
Due to increased student numbers we are seeking to appoint motivated, highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who would work alongside, develop and support a multi-cultural staff team in our continued pursuit of excellence. Our focus is purely on your ability as a practitioner so experience of the Common Core Curriculum we follow is not essential. Leadership opportunities may be available for the right candidate in Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Assessment and Coaching.
We invite applications from Teachers who are committed to:
• Nurturing and developing every aspect of a child’s development
• Making learning meaningful, student centred and enjoyable
• Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders
• Their own and their colleagues’ professional development both within their school and across the Abu Dhabi network of schools
• Supporting school improvement and aspiring to excellence
• Contributing to the wider life of the school.
Qualifications / Person Specification
• A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a B.Ed. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS for the age group you will be teaching, and for specialist roles, a degree in the subject you teach
• A minimum of 2 years recent teaching experience preferred
• An excellent understanding of early years / primary teaching and learning
• Experience / Understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English is a second language
• Excellent communication skills to lead by example, as well as collaborate with leaders, Senior Management and parents
• Ability to research new initiatives and implement them whilst evaluating current processes.
Terms and conditions
• 2 year contract renewable
• Remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation or allowance, health insurance, flight allowance and end of contract gratuity.
Please send your full CV, with details of two referees (including email addresses) and a recent photograph along with a letter of application, making reference to your classroom practice, planning and assessment, and recent school initiatives to: email@example.com
Please insert the position applied for as the subject of your email.
We apologise that only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Please visit www.dhafraschools.com for more information about us.