We are set to open a new British International school in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in January 2018.
In the opening year we will launch Kindergarten to Grade 7 but will gradually grow to A Levels in the next 4-5 years. We will also offer a day care program.
We are looking for qualified early years primary teachers and teachers specializing in the care and education of babies to 3 years old children within a nursery school/day care setting.
You must hold a degree and a Cache or NVQ level 3/4 in child development diploma. Experience required for meeting the specific needs of this age group using the EYFS framework.
It is essential that the candidate has the initiative and the skills/abilities to lead in a startup environment. They should have experience working with UK early years curriculum as well as experience working with ESL students.
Global Services in Education (GSE) has extensive experience setting up and managing international skills and the candidate will be supported by proven systems, mentoring and coaching by experienced educational leaders.
Our School Mission Statement
- Our School inspires students through:The Pursuit of Excellence Through Hearts, Minds and Hands
Our Core Values
- Courage and Persistence: We refuse to give in to doubt and fear. We persist with unrelenting determination
- Creative and critical thinking: We engage in lifelong learning, knowing that a pursuit of excellence and innovation occurs when we harness our brains power and opportunities.
- Integrity and truth
- Think and act ethically: We do what we know is right rather than what is convenient. We are accountable through our consistent thoughts, actions and values.
- Respect and self worth: We believe in and respect the inherent worth of ourselves and every other person
- Responsible and Ethical: We act responsibly, ethically and in a disciplined way, knowing that our thoughts and actions affect others and make the world a better place.
- Valuing Global Diversity: We believe in and foster the creation of a common, connected and supportive humanity
Unique Characteristics of the School
- The school plans to deliver a fully accredited UK curriculum registered for the Cambridge International Examinations. What differentiates our school however is its commitment to Technology and Innovation.
GSE Teacher/Staff Profile:
A willingness to learn from others is at the heart of all GSE faculties. We are a highly collaborative community made up of individuals who respect each other and exhibit a willingness to explore the process of building, implementing, evaluating, and revising programs. Coaching and mentoring are attributes of GSE staff and both are infused inside and outside the classroom. GSE staff are encouraged to foster a reflective environment and share teaching methods, materials, and assessment techniques with a whole-child perspective.
Preferred qualities of the founding teachers and staff:
- Interacts with others with respect and equality
- Communicates thoughtfully to everyone
- Reads subtleties and acts appropriately
- Speaks honestly with purpose and intent
- Articulates and incorporates personal and school philosophies
- Facilitates discussion
- Models teamwork and decision-making
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Eagerly shares ideas and thoughts on curricula, students, parents and professional issues
- Supports others professionally
- Reflects, assesses, plans and implements a process in order to achieve and extend goals for each student, the class and him/herself
- Challenges individual students by setting high expectations
- Inspires each student to go beyond his/her self-imposed limits
- Promotes complex thinking by asking probing questions
- Supports students with specific and constructive feedback
- Integrates ideas across thematic curricula
- Invests in emergent curricula
- Models discovery and inspires others to questions
- Celebrates ”the well-built hypothesis”
- Reveals possibilities
- Embraces and continues his/her own learning process
- Considers the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each student
- Supports diverse learning styles
- Enriches and individualizes the learning process
- Creates a safe and supportive environment while promoting exploration, discovery and risk-taking
Founding teachers will begin the planning, orientation and induction program in December 2017. Applicants should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of application outlining your educational philosophy, strengths and professional and personal interests. (max 2 pages)
- A current curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- A professional photo
- A list of at least three referees with current telephone numbers and email addresses.