Who are we?
At Polam Independent Pre-Prep our aim is to inspire, encourage a spirit of enquiry and exploration and to provide an exciting, stimulating and safe environment in which to learn. We do this in a home from home setting, with exceptionally small class sizes and dedicated teaching staff who have in depth knowledge of each individual child.
As part of Cognita Schools Group, a global leader in independent education, we are provided with excellent professional development, outstanding networking and career opportunities. The diverse scope of schools and people within Cognita provide you with a network of like-minded peers to discuss key issues and share best practice.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will:
• Above all, show a clear commitment to the provision of high quality education
• Have a positive approach to learning new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
• Show an interest in the care, learning and development of children
• Be an effective team player who can work collaboratively with a small and passionate team
• Be committed to working closely with parents and other stakeholders
Hours of Work
Our nursery term dates coincides with our school term dates which, as an independent school, is less than state maintained schools. Exact term dates can be found on our website: https://www.polamschool.co.uk/school-life/term-dates/
You may be asked to work one or a combination of the following shifts:
8am-4pm, 8:30am-4:30am, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm. Hours of work can be discussed at interview stage.
In addition to the term dates you will work 5 weeks of our nursery holiday club.
What we offer:
• Small class sizes of respectable and well-motivated pupils
• Outstanding networking and CPD opportunities
• A dedicated, friendly and inspirational team
• Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
• A number of initiatives focused on the wellbeing of our staff including:
o Inclusive paid lunches
o School fee discounts
o Access to Cognita Care First- a leading independent provider of employee support services offering professionally qualified counsellors and information specialists
o Membership of ‘My Staff Shop’ -an opportunity to save money at high street shops
o Increased holiday allowance in comparison to state regulated schools
o ‘Super Camps’ holiday discount for your children
Tours of school are highly recommended and will be carried out in a COVID safe manner
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 9 years