When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
An outstanding school in Dubai, GEMS Wellington International School offers exceptional learning opportunities for students aged 3 to 18. Following the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum in The Early Years, the National Curriculum for England to Year 11 and the International Baccalaureate at Years 12 and 13, our dynamic school environment combined with the extensive range of experiences offered enables students to succeed and to aspire at every stage of their learning journey. The entire school community, a truly international one, is passionate and committed to ensuring all are recognised and celebrated for their individual strengths, enabled as lifelong learners and nurtured as future leaders.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic and creative Early Years Specialist to join our existing team at GEMS Wellington International School, Dubai from August 2021. This is an exciting new opportunity created to enhance our already outstanding Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) unit. The role is specific to the development of our indoor and outdoor provision with a clear focus on the planning, resourcing and development of our continuous provision, in line with our newly refurbished Foundation Stage facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced Early Years teacher who is excited to join our world class school. They should be driven to provide outstanding early education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
This is a fantastic opportunity for UK trained teachers to join a global, leading company and a world-class International School.
The successful applicants will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification and an accompanying degree such as B.Ed., PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in Primary Years
- At minimum 2 years of recent and demonstrable Early Years teaching experience at a British Curriculum School
- Confidence in planning, teaching and assessing the EYFS curriculum (Including the recent updates and changes for 2020 onwards) alongside the NCfE Primary framework
- A creative, innovative and progressive approach to ‘Continuous Provision’ in the EYFS
- The ability to make clear links between indoor and outdoor learning in the EYFS incorporating the ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’.
- Experience in planning, delivering and assessing high-quality intervention programs
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning with the belief that all students are capable of ‘High Performance’ in line with our High Performance Learning (HPL) philosophy.
- The aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale.
Candidates who are motivated to fulfill such a role, who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply. Please note: Interviews and hiring of shortlisted candidates may occur prior to the advertised closing date.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
GEMS Wellington International School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
GEMS Wellington International School, a mixed private school for children aged 3-18, is situated in the Al Sufouh area of Dubai and is owned and run by GEMS Education. Student numbers are over 2,800, around half of whom are British.
The school was es...