Early Years Teacher to start in September 2017 (NQTs are welcome to apply)
The British School, Alexandria (NOR 440) seeks applications from enthusiastic, hardworking and talented Early Years teacher seeking to develop their teaching career in an international setting.
We welcome applications from foundation stage and reception teachers.
Please log onto our site to find out more about our school and Alexandria as a location www.hays.co.uk/jobs/the-british-school-alexandria/index.htm
We have successfully secured BSO status and we welcome applications from Newly qualified teachers.
We have recently celebrated our 30th Anniversary and continue to be one of the leading schools in Alexandria. The school is a 3-18 British international school. It is recognised by the DfE and is an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). It is a high achieving and forward thinking school with a family atmosphere which enjoys an excellent reputation. We are committed to ensuring excellent learning and teaching in a caring environment. You will find the school a rewarding and friendly place to work with good relationships between staff and students. We have a strong commitment to the professional development of all our staff.
Alexandria is a bustling, friendly and cosmopolitan city on the Mediterranean full of historical interest. Life for teachers is relaxed and safe with a relatively low cost of living and a sufficiently good infrastructure, shops, cafes and restaurants to lead a European lifestyle. Most teachers are able to save at least 60% of their salary and at the same time enjoy exploring Egypt. Although from time-to-time Egypt appears in the media, you will find that living in Alexandria is in reality similar to living in any other big city with no particular security issues and a strong and stable government.
- Honours degree (2:2 or better) from a British university or similar which is related to Primary
- Qualified Teacher Status / PGCE
- Satisfactory DBS check (formerly CRB)
- 2 years’ experience teaching Primary in either a British international school or in the UK, however a strong NQT would also be considered.
Terms and Conditions /Advantages
- Very good tax free salary
- Free furnished quality accommodation (excluding utility bills) with sole occupancy within walking distance to the school (minimum 2 bedroom furnished apartment for single teachers and 3 - 4 bedroom family accommodation for families) in a safe affluent suburb of Alexandria.
- Annual economy return flights to the UK for teacher, spouse and dependants
- Beginning and end of contract baggage allowance
- 2 free school places for dependent children
- Free health insurance for teacher, spouse and dependants
- 2 or 3 year initial international school teacher contract with re-signing bonus after annual renewal thereafter
- Small class sizes (typically 15 students in a class)
- Highly motivated students who want to learn
- Forward looking British independent international school at the heart of the community with a family atmosphere
- Excellent professional development together with opportunities to take on responsibility
- British International accredited (COBIS and BSME) not-for-profit school for children aged 3-18
- Vibrant north African Egyptian city with excellent opportunities for travel
For a suitably qualified and experienced teacher there would be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities.
Newly qualified teachers
If you are an NQT interested in a position starting in August 2017 please also apply
We have experience successfully supporting NQTs through their induction year.
For VISA purposes please can we require the following information:
1) Date of birth 2) Martial status 3) Your Nationality 4) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 5) QTS
Interviews for short-listed applicants will be held immediately via skype.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, supporting letter (addressed to the Principal Mr. Blakebrough) & photograph to email@example.com or call Penny Kontopyrghou on +447595 968 600 or +44 (0) 207 259 8771
The British School, Alexandria is committed to all aspects of safeguarding.