About Al Jazeera Academy and Ta’allum Group
Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta'allum Group of Schools. Ta'allum Group is a growing and successful organization consisting of three renowned partner Schools. Due to oversubscription, there are plans to open two new Academies in Doha in the near future.
Al Jazeera Academy and its partner schools promotes the highest standards for all of our children, widening their horizons and raising their aspirations, embracing new technologies and initiatives to fully prepare the children for their future in an ever-changing world.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic and creative Kindergarten Teacher (Nursery) who would like the opportunity to work in a progressive and student-centered Early Years School
Typical responsibilities include:
• The delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
• Giving constructive and guided feedback to students both written and verbally
• Summative and formative assessment
• Communicating effectively with parents throughout the year
• Parent’s conferences, report writing, etc.
• Lesson planning and preparation
• Recording and using data to inform planning and to report to parents
• Encouraging and sharing best practice within and beyond the department
* Successful candidates will hold a relevant Bachelor’s Degree, a Bachelor of Education or the international equivalent.
A successful candidate will:-
Have excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage programme.
Have a minimum of two years post-qualification teaching experience.
Have the ability to teach across the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Be open to new and innovative approaches to learning and teaching, and have the ability to develop an enabling environment where risk-taking is valued and the child is at the Center of the learning.
Have the knowledge, competencies and values to act in an informed manner by demonstrating empathy, and building links across social and cultural boundaries.
Have the ability to work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues.
Be open, responsive and adaptable to the needs of students and the evolving school environment, and be willing to ‘go the extra mile’.
*Experience of teaching EAL children would be advantageous.
Ta’allum Group - Al Jazeera Academy
PO Box 22250, Doha, State of Qatar
Salary and benefits package:
• Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualifications & experience
• Two Bedroom Fully Furnished Apartment with paid utilities
• Joining/repatriation ticket, Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for self and one nominated dependent
• Private medical insurance for self and one nominated dependents
• Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools - 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees
• End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
The selected applicant will be required to provide criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
Interviews by Skype
To apply for this post please submit the completed application form and an up to date CV with a supporting statement outlining your skills, experience and motivation for joining the Ta’allum Group team in Doha. Completed applications should be submitted using the TES online application form.
Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
Please visit our websites – www.taalumgroup.com and http://aja.edu.qa/ to find out more about Al Jazeera Academy and the Ta’allum Group of schools.
You can also find us on social media portals such as Instagram @ taallumgroup or aja.qatar
Al Jazeera Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years