Flexible, creative and enthusiastic teacher required for the bright and enquiring minds of the 3-6 year old children in our bilingual kindergarten. We need a highly qualified English speaking teacher with a teaching degree / teaching certificate (QTS) in Early Years Education. Our group teachers are responsible for teaching all six learning areas: physical development; personal, social and emotional development; communication, language and literacy; knowledge and understanding of the world; problem solving, reasoning and numeracy; creative development. Areas of work will be based on the objectives of the German county curriculum for Lower Saxony, lessons will be taught in English using materials adapted from UK, US and/or similar English Speaking countries’ curricula. Experience of having taught this age range for at least a few years will be an advantage. Knowledge of German is not a necessary requirement, but a willingness to learn the basics while living here will be essential. The contract is on a fixed term basis for the first two years; afterwards it can be extended to a permanent contract upon mutual decision.
We are looking for the following essential and/or desirable qualities.
A successful candidate:
· can stimulate our motivated children to achieve high levels of progress to meet the demands of our academically inspired curriculum;
· has outstanding teaching practices with regards to the planning and teaching of learning areas;
· is committed to contribute to the curriculum planning and curriculum innovation of our expanding kindergarten;
· can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on children’s progress;
· works well independently as well as in a team;
· has secure IT skills including knowledge of white board and smart board technology;
· is dedicated to contribute to any extra curricula activities;
· has good interpersonal skills and a sense of humour;
· is committed and hard-working.
About our Kindergarten:
“Local Roots and Global Understanding”
KIBS Fliegerhorst is a growing international bilingual nursery and kindergarten. We are recognised by the state yet governed independently. We are a non-profit organisation. We offer a challenging and enriching education, underpinned by the flexible, inquisitive and academic German county curriculum but enhanced by teaching methods, materials and resources from a variety of international curricula, including the UK curriculum. Our teachers have the freedom to concentrate on educating the whole child by focusing on flexible and enquiring teaching and learning styles without the distraction of performance data and governmental targets.
KIBS Fliegerhorst wants to be part of shaping the future of bilingual education. Establishing an education based on German and international foundations, we are striving to create a superior quality of education in a kindergarten community that nourishes and celebrates all the different talents of our students. This will equip our children to face the ever-changing global world on our doorstep - creating highly skilled individuals and excellent communicators who don’t hesitate to take risks and hence strive for excellence, independence and uniqueness in all areas.
Goals: Curiosity counts.
At KIBS children explore their environment with their natural enthusiasm and make use of their own abilities, experiences and insights. Our teachers direct and engage them, capturing the full potential of our children whilst nurturing them and helping them develop into confident, open-minded individuals. Our main concern is to further the uniqueness of each child and help them advance all areas of their personal and academic attributes.
Please visit our website or facebook for further information about our school.
Kammer International Bilingual School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 18 years