Position: Early Years Teacher
Commencement Date: Monday, 12 July 2021
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 per annum (pending experience) plus ITAS and IPRASS allowance
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: Friday, 30 April 2021
St Michael's Catholic School, Palm Island is a co-educational Catholic primary school on Palm Island, offering Prep to Year 6. Established in 1938, the school enjoys magnificent ocean views and natural surrounds including a creek, green hills and beachfront. The Sisters of Our Lady Help of Christians opened the school and later the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary Sisters took charge, remaining on the island until 2011. Their mission 'Truth by Love,' remains the school’s motto. St Michael's Catholic School exists to service the community's Indigenous people, with the majority of students being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Michael's Catholic School, Palm Island is seeking applications from passionate Early Years Teachers. The role is a Full Time, Fixed Term Contract position commencing Term 2 of 2021, unless our ideal candidate is able to start earlier. This contract will conclude at the end of the 2021 school year.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 (pending experience)
- ITAS and IPRASS allowances
- Fully Subsidised accommodation
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution(in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- Up to 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching with Townsville Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications close 4pm Friday, 30 April 2021.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education