An award winning purpose built pre- school, located in West Bangkok and only a short distance to the BTS (Skytrain) with access to the city center. The area is full of greenery and has a tranquil atmosphere.
The school follows the EYFS and National Curriculum from the UK, for children from Crèche to Year1 (18 months – 6 years).
Classrooms are purpose built and well resourced, with special in-door facilities such as a soft gym, library, ICT facilities and a room used for cookery classes. In addition out - door facilities are also purpose built and include a swimming pool, splash pool, sand pit, playground, racing track and gardening area.
The school aims to provide the highest standard of Early Years Education in Bangkok. We provide a small, friendly and professional community atmosphere, with Continuing Professional Development, for the teaching team, central to our priorities.
The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children can grow in confidence, ready to take on new challenges. Teachers work hard to create a stimulating environment through activities and displays and by following the children’s interests.
The school embraces its community and parents play an active role. Parent participation is recognised as an integral part of the education process, they work closely with teachers to organise different cultural and social events during the year.
Bangkok is a vibrant, exciting city with rich cultural experiences. Thailand offers excellent leisure and travel opportunities and the cost of living is very reasonable. The country has year round sun and is a beautiful and safe place to work.
Position: Early Years Teacher
Kensington International Kindergarten seeks a fully qualified, experienced and inspirational EYFS teacher who is an energetic, highly inspired, motivated person, who is passionate about childcare and education, and who is committed to achieving high standards and creating a stimulating, positive and child- centered classroom ethos. The position is for full-time only, commencing mid April 2016. The initial contract will be for 27months and 24month thereafter.
The successful applicant should have:
- Fluent English speaker
- BEd (Hons) with QTS or equivalent OR University Degree with PGCE
- Recent experience working within the EYFS
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
Experience of teaching children with EAL
Main Job and Responsibilities:
- To take full responsibility for the planning and implementation of appropriate program activities and assessment for the children in the Toddler class.
- To ensure that planning, assessments and observations are completed, reviewed, and appropriately communicated to line managers/parents.
- To provide a stimulating and attractive classroom with appropriate resources which can be accessed by all children
- To maintain close partnership with parents, school and the community.
- To provide both written reports and informal dialogue to parents on the development, progress, and attainment of children.
- To co-ordinate, work, support and lead a staff support team (TAs and Nannies) within the classroom and school where appropriate
- To manage own performance and development.
- Passionate about childcare and education.
- Ability to organise and manage a class to promote an effective learning environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent classroom management and behaviour management skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team in planning and implementing the school’s curriculum, strategic plans and policies.
- A commitment to further your own professional development and to the principle of continuous improvement.
- Highly responsible.
- 27 months initial contract and then 24 months renewable contract.
- Competitive monthly salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Free accommodation of fully furnished studio flat
- Annual round trip air-fare to the international airport of your home country (at actual cost or maximum up to THB 32,000).
- Gratuity Bonus
- Health insurance
- Teacher license and work permit is accommodated and funded
- An opportunity to be part of very professional team of educators
Note: * Employment terms and conditions to be agreed before accepting work aboard
**All successful applicants will be subject to reference checks, DBS checks and validation of qualifications
If you are suitably qualified and would like to be part of a professional and dedicated team that is committed to helping students reach their full potential. Please send the following to the Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Completed application form
- Current photo
Applicants who are short listed will be contacted for an interview by Skype (specific dates will be advised).