Early Years Teacher with TLR or without (depending on experience)
School 21 is a pioneering 4 to 18 school in Stratford, East London that is developing a rich 21st century curriculum and a range of exciting pedagogies. This is your chance to be part of a growing body of exceptional teachers who are rigorous about the basics of phonics, literacy and maths and at the cutting edge of new thinking on real world learning, oracy (speaking), storytelling and well-being.
We are looking for a Reception teacher who has a passion for a rich and layered early years provision, skilfully teaching children how to develop their oracy and social skills, learning through purposeful play and literacy based projects, and being taught the basics of reading, writing and maths. You will be joining an excellent Reception team who will support you in your development.
School 21 is a very special and different kind of place to work in. We empower staff to find their voice and their creativity. We offer collaboration and learning across ages and subjects. All staff have more planning time than most schools and a tailored programme of professional development which results in extraordinary outcomes for the students. We offer multiple routes to progression through subjects and pedagogies. We believe strongly in developing the full potential of all staff.
Our aim is for children to grow and produce beautiful work. In the last few years children have crafted some stunning outcomes including a toy museum, their own planets, a photography and poetry exhibition and their own dramatic fairy tale production. Our children learn at an early age to work in teams, ask challenging enquiry questions and think deeply about the world around them. We are looking for new teachers to add to this spirit of creativity and lead different aspects of this work.
Our children learn at an early age to work in teams, ask challenging enquiry questions and think deeply. We are looking for new teachers to combine the rigorous development of the basics with this spirit of creativity and lead different aspects of this work.
School 21 has built strong foundations in a short period of time, confirmed by our recent Ofsted which was outstanding in all categories.
There was strong recognition for the ethos and approach of the school:
"Pupils across the school make exceptional progress."
"Pupils have excellent attitudes to learning, impeccable manners and show respect for everyone.”
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Teachers at the early stages of their career value the ‘fantastic’ professional development and opportunities to learn from each other. Those with more experience said that they have become much better teachers since joining the school.”
Through project-based learning "pupils achieve remarkable standards of work and demonstrated knowledge and skills at levels beyond those expected for their age group."
“Pupils talk and discuss with a maturity and confidence that is remarkable for their years."
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent primary teacher with experience in the Early Years
- Skilled at fostering independent learning
- A skilled teacher of English Language including phonics and Maths
- A collaborative planner, able to work across subjects and primary year groups
- Creative in implementing curriculum innovation
- Interested in developing the whole child – head, heart and hand
- Experienced in dealing with complex pastoral challenges and working effectively with families to maximise pupil progress
- Experienced in developing a strong school culture: ethos, rewards and sanctions
ABOUT SCHOOL 21:
- 4 to 18 mixed, inclusive school in the heart of Stratford, Newham
- Cutting edge pedagogy and curriculum
- Small - only 75 children in each year group. From September 2017 we will have years 7 to 11, Reception to year 4, a new Sixth Form beginning and a Middle school starting for years 5 and 7 in the first year and years 5 to 8 in the second year.
- All teachers spend between 3 to 4 hours a week with their coaching group of about 13 students in the Secondary school
- We have plans to set up two new schools in close proximity to School 21 which will give staff more opportunities to grow and develop.
- Outstanding career development and exceptional CPD
- Generous TLRs based on experience and skills
- The chance to network with outstanding practitioners and learn from the best
- Collaborative working across the 4 to 18 school
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- A strong feedback culture so that teachers can develop in areas of their practice that are important to them
- Every teacher being part of a team/circle that develops strategic practice
For more information see: www.school21.org.uk or e-mail Anne Shaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8262 2121
To apply please visit the careers pages at www.school21.org.uk and complete an online application form
Apply by: 9am on Monday, 18th March 2019
Likely interview date: Thursday, 21st March 2019
Job start September 2019 (with earlier planning, training and induction)
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding children.