Allen Edwards is a mainstream community primary school catering for pupils from Nursery to Year 6. We wish to appoint an Early Years Teaching Assistant to join our school. The ideal candidate should not be afraid of hard work and is fully committed to help give our pupils the best opportunities to achieve. The successful candidate will be required to work with children between the ages of 3 and 11 years old supporting groups and individual children throughout the school. Experience of working with early years’ children is desirable.
You will be joining a well-established, friendly and supportive team. You will also have the opportunities to develop your own skills and talents in this vibrant multi-cultural school community.
In this post you will be expected to:
- Be able to use your initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- Apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Supervise groups of children at playtime and lunchtime.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly
- Encourage pupils to interact appropriately with others and be socially responsible.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
For an application pack and to arrange a school visit please email school office at email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm, 22nd November 2019
Interviews: week commencing 25th November 2019
Our school is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and to the safeguarding of children. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Lambeth is committed to Safer Recruitment and aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk.
Individually Strong, Collectively Stronger!
Allen Edwards Primary School
Studley Road, Stockwell, London SW4 6RP
Headteacher: Louise Robertson