Dulwich Wood Nursery is expanding our Two-Year-Old provision and we are looking for talented and motivated people to join our warm and supportive team.
Dulwich Wood Nursery is a happy, friendly place serving a diverse, multicultural community. If you join our team you will be well supported through professional development and have a chance to work with wonderful children and a dedicated staff.
We have amazing outdoor learning spaces and are passionate about outdoor learning so you must have a pair of wellies and be prepared to work outside in the gardens and our local woods. Our Early Years provision follows KEYU principles and we implement a ‘planning in the moment’ approach.
Our schools are a 2-minute walk from Sydenham Hill train station and just 15-minute walk from Gipsy Hill station.
We are looking for people who:
• Are passionate about children’s learning
• Have experience of working with children (ideally in a nursery setting)
• Has GCSE English and maths (Grade C+) or equivalent
• Are creative, patient, resourceful, energetic and adaptable
• Are keen to develop professionally and learn with and from others
• Have good ICT skills and written communication skills
• Are resilient, positive people with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Have knowledge of child development and how young children learn children
• Are excited to be a Key Person to a small group of children (overseen by the Class Teacher)
Early Years Teaching Assistant:
• Have a level 1 or above childcare qualification or a graduate who would like experience in an Early Years setting prior to starting teacher training
This post is a ‘term time only’ contract. Working hours: 36 per week.
The salary for this position is:
Grade 4 SCP 4- 9 (FTE £23,016.00-£25,161.00) - Actual Salary £ £19,795.46 - £21,640.32
This post is for a 1-year contract in the first instance as part of our COVID recovery plan.
If you would like find out more about the role and see our fantastic nursery school please call 0207 525 1192 to arrange a visit with our Deputy Head Teacher Olivia Greenaway.
Closing date: Friday 10th December 2021
Interview date: Thursday 16th December 2021
Start date: January 2022
Dulwich Wood Nursery and Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.