Are you enthusiastic, innovative and have a passion for achieving high academic and pastoral standards for children?
Are you a motivated individual with an interest in positively shaping the lives of children through support and collaboration with the teaching staff?
If so we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an Early Years Teaching Assistant who will play a key role in one of our Reception or Nursery Classes. The successful individual will support the Class Teacher in the delivery of the curriculum and the learning of all pupils in the class and across the Early Years Foundation Stage. This is an exciting time to join us as Springfield has just become 2 forms of entry in Reception and has opened a brand new Nursery.
A qualified HLTA would be considered for this role and would be paid at S6 for the hours required.
Here at Springfield Primary School we believe in setting the highest standards in everything we do. We plan and tailor learning for each child, giving them access to a broad range of experiences to ensure that each and every child reaches their full potential. We strive to develop respect amongst our children; respecting difference, respecting others and respecting themselves. We aim to make the school day exciting and energising and yet set clear boundaries within which the children can explore and develop vital social skills. These are important values to hold but our overriding aims are simple. We want each child to develop both a love of learning and the confidence to shape their lives as they wish.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
Working hours: Term Time 35.5 hours per week,
8.20am – 4.00pm
Salary (S3) range for 35.5 hours a week: £12,996 £14,701
Salary (S6) range for 35.5 hours a week: £17,513- £20,095
We can offer a:
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• On the job training opportunities
• The opportunity to support children to access an engaging curriculum
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of delivering the EYFS curriculum
• Secure knowledge of Development Matters
• Experience of continuous provision and Early Years enabling environments
• Understanding around how to observe and assess progression and attainment in Early Years
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help children access the curriculum
• Support class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Interviews date: To be confirmed
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.