Teacher of Economics and Business Studies (Subject Coordinator)
St. Stephen’s International School, Bangkok Campus, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Economics and Business Studies Teacher (Coordinator) for August 2021.
Business studies is a popular and successful option at both IGCSE level and A level. Economics is currently taught at IGCSE only, but there are plans to introduce it at A level in the near future. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
It is essential to:
- Be able to teach Business Studies up to A level
- Be able to teach Economics up to IGCSE Level
- Be a native-level English speaker
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current, or most recent, Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching Economics at A level
- Working in the international sector
- Teaching the CAIE courses
St. Stephen’s is located in the north of Bangkok, close to Don Muang Airport and the world famous Chatuchak Market. The school is two-form entry and caters to students from Nursery to Year 13.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply to the Principal, via the online application form (see below) and send a CV, with a recent photograph, directly to email@example.com
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure, and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful overseas candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered:
- A two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Medical insurance
- Flights to and from home location
- Free tuition for up to two dependent children
- Relocation allowance
Closing date: 31 January, 2021
Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype. The school may appoint earlier than the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
St. Stephen's International School (Bangkok Campus)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 2 - 18 years