Smart Teachers is recruiting for a qualified Economics Teacher to join a co-educational secondary school in Harrow borough, North West London. This well-established secondary school caters for children aged 1-18 years of age and has a good academic record at both GCSE and A Level. The school is thriving and vibrant. Students enjoy lessons taught by well trained staff and the successful Economics Teacher will have the opportunity for regular CPD. The school cohort is inclusive in nature and provision is in place for students of all abilities to flourish. In addition to academic expectation, the Economics Teacher will play a part in the pastoral development of pupils, encouraging them to be fully rounded and confident. The Economics Teacher role is full time and will include teaching up to KS5. The post starts in January 2020 and runs till the end of the academic year in the first instance.
About the Role
• Economics Teacher
• KS3, KS4, KS5 lessons in the timetable
• Full time role
• Contracted till July 2020 initially with the possibility of a permanent contract
• £140 - £200 per day
About the School
• Co-educational 11-18 year olds
• Successful school at GCSE, BTEC and A Level
• Good pastoral provision
• Inclusive setting
• CPD available for school staff
• Harrow borough, Zone 5
In order to be considered for this role, the Economics Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMH45959ECO
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.