Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Economics Teacher at our Independent client school located in Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities.
About the Role:
- Economics Teacher
- Teaching Years 7-12 Economics
- Located in Western Sydney
- Job Reference: #TES1711-522893LL
- Full time and 12 month contract
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- Independent K-12 School offering academic and pastoral care to students of many cultural backgrounds.
- School committed to developing and implementing the highest quality of educational programs. Central to all teaching programs is a commitment to developing students with skills, knowledge and understanding and abilities to embrace the challenges of the 21st Century
- The teachers also motivate and challenge the students to take more pride in their studies and bear more responsibilities to enhance their academic performance. Students are immersed in a series of learning experiences that assist each student to reach his or her potential.
- The holistic curriculum that is delivered transcends beyond the conservative teaching methods. It aims to cater to the emotional, intellectual, physical, technological and spiritual needs of the students so they become fully prepared to gracefully embrace achievements and confidently transform obstacles to opportunities.
- The Primary and High School libraries lend tablets (iPads) and laptops to students and teachers. Desktop work-stations are also available in High School library for research, high-end computing and collaboration works. All tablets and laptops are Internet ready and have WiFi connections from all premises of the campus.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Western Sydney and 43 kilometres (27 miles) west of Sydney Central Business District. The location has a new shopping centre with over 200 stores, ranging from discount department stores to specialty shops. Other services such as a hospital, coffee shops, small bars, council-operated swimming pool and library are all located within walking distance of the railway station. The area also has numerous government and private schools in the area. The railway station is located on the North Shore, Northern & Western Line of the Sydney Trains network. There is an express service which runs all day taking 15 minutes to get to Parramatta and 30 minutes to Sydney. It features a newly upgraded interchange with bus routes operated by Busways with routes to all suburbs.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority and accredited to teach Economics
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Previous experience teaching Economics will be highly regarded
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1711-522893LL
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.