We are looking for Education and Care Assistants at our Westcliff Centre for Students with Severe Learning Disabilities and Difficulties. We have more than one position available.
Main purpose of the job:
To help provide care for students’ with particular special needs and to support students’ learning by working with tutors and other staff in classroom activities to support the delivery of the curriculum and enable students to gain full access to their education.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• To provide personal care for individual learners
• To support learners in accessing their physiotherapy and hydrotherapy programmes
• To support learners to access a variety of educational activities in either one-to-one or in small groups e.g. cooking, work experience, in class activities etc
• To accompany learners to access their local and wider communities
• To assist in the implementation of learner management programmes
• To assist with cover supervision as required e.g. over lunch times/in outside area etc
• To be aware of all policies and procedures and support their implementation
Southend Adult Community college welcomes applications regardless of gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and that students and staff can study and work in an environment free from harassment and bullying.
Southend Adult Community College aims to achieve curriculum excellence by promoting consistently high standards of teaching, learning and assessment across all provision. We expect all staff to take Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence (PRIDE).
For further information and to apply please visit our website www.southend-adult.ac.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.