Inspired Schools Online is part of the Inspired Education Group. Inspired is a leading global premium schools’ group, offering excellence in Kindergarten to Year 13 education to over 50,000 students. Its international network of 70 schools, across 20 countries on 5 continents, delivers proven best practice from every corner of the globe - to ensure learning is world class.
Inspired students benefit from this unique global connectivity, in schools that are anchored in their local community. With a holistic curriculum focus on the three pillars of academic excellence, sport and performing arts, the unique individuality of every student is unlocked, giving Inspired students transformative opportunities to achieve their full potential and to flourish.
About the role
To strengthen our key objectives of quality, student engagement and scalability, we are seeking to recruit an Exams Support Coordinator who will support the delivery of all internal and external examinations as part of our new three year Education Strategy. The Exams Support Coordinator will be responsible for managing all entries for our Exams Centre in Wales, including all IGCSEs, A Levels and other qualifications, including leading on communications with parents, candidates and exam boards and managing Special Arrangements where appropriate. The Exams Support Coordinator will also support students and parents in finding local exam centres where appropriate and ensuring the appropriate levels of information are available online and through other Interhigh communications. The Exams Support Coordinator will play an important role in liaising with the Admissions and Operations teams and in managing enquiries from parents and exam candidates.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent administrative and communication skills, expertise, and experience of working in the education and/or examinations sector and experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Examinations and the Safeguarding Lead. They will work closely with Heads of Subject and other academic staff, the Operations team, as well as with parents, students, and representatives of awarding bodies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the exam entry process for all candidates through the King’s InterHigh Exam Centre, as well as other private candidate centres, including those undertaking qualifications with NEA (Non-Examined Assessments), also known as coursework.
- Assisting with the process of transferring candidate from the King’s InterHigh Exam Centre to other private candidate centres
- Managing the distribution of examination certificates to students located worldwide.
- Ensuring JCQ and exam board processes are followed for all entries for Pearson Edexcel, Cambridge Assessment International Education, AQA, OCR and WJEC examinations.
- Assisting with the organization of access arrangements.
- Communicating with students and parents regarding arrangements for external examinations.
- Communicating with other exam centres, to ensure necessary transfer arrangements are made in line with exam board regulations, and to ensure consistency of experience for our students.
- Assisting with the production and distribution of calendars and ensuring they are kept up-to-date.
- Checking with teaching staff that the necessary coursework and/or controlled assessments are completed on time and in accordance with the appropriate guidelines.
- Maintaining systems and processes to support the timely entry of candidates for their exams including managing any exam timetable clashes.
- Assisting with the submission of candidates' NEA/controlled assessment marks are, and any other material required by the appropriate awarding bodies correctly and on schedule.
- Tracking, dispatching, and storing returned NEA/controlled assessments.
- Assisting with the dissemination of information to exam candidates.
- Responding to customer enquiries within the agreed timeframe.
- Assisting with administrative tasks related to student health and wellbeing, Additional Educational Needs (AEN) and support services.
- Assisting with the administration of safeguarding concerns via the online platform.
- Assisting with the administration elements of the staff training portal.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
It is desirable to be qualified up to degree level
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent IT skills and experience of working with multiple IT systems
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the education sector and examinations would be desirable
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Capability to work effectively in dynamic and changing environments
Specifically, you will ideally have:
- Expertise and experience of administration in a school or other educational context.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find creative solutions with lasting benefits.
- A flexible, highly energetic approach and the ability to thrive in a business with a fast changing, collaborative, delivery culture.
- Considerable interpersonal communication skills with the ability to form good relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to work independently where necessary but in a collaborative team environment where appropriate.
- An ambition to place Inspired Education’s offering at the forefront of the marketplace.
Inspired Education is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practise across the school.