|Location||NEWCASTLE WEST Catholic Schools Office|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||The Director of Schools invites applications from energetic, innovative and contemporary educators to join the Curriculum Team in Teaching & Learning Services. The Education Officer-Secondary Curriculum joins two other curriculum specialists currently supporting secondary schools in the Diocese. It is desirable that applicants have a Maths/Science/Technology qualification.
The role calls for an experienced, quality teacher with the capabilities to support secondary schools in the following key areas:
• NESA syllabus implementation support 7-12
• Provision of advice and support as per diocesan policy regarding programming, assessing, reporting
• School improvement, contemporary and professional learning initiatives
• Provision of strategic, high quality professional learning opportunities for secondary schools
• Student data analysis and implementation support for targeted improvement – eg NAPLAN, HSC (RAP)
• This position is a 1.0 FTE with an initial two year contract
|Position Requirements||The Education Officer – Secondary Curriculum will be able to demonstrate the following key criteria for this position:
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and the mission of the Church through Catholic schools
• Sound understanding of a Catholic perspective across the curriculum
• A four-year trained teacher classification and a minimum of ten years classroom teaching experience
• High level of communication and organisational skills
• Comprehensive knowledge about and understanding of current curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements in secondary schools.
• Sound understanding of the demands of cross-curriculum content in syllabuses especially in relation to literacy and numeracy.
• Knowledge about recent initiatives in syllabus development, pedagogy and assessment
• Capacity to provide initiative and leadership in areas of curriculum development.
• Proven student success through effective use of literacy and numeracy data to assess and provide feedback and optimise educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to support and enhance a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to work collaboratively and respectfully alongside school executive and teachers
• Demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to collaborate in leading pedagogical practice
• Evidence of strong pedagogical and evidence-based practice and experience in designing contemporary and innovative learning opportunities
• Ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with others
• Willingness to comply with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy (Category C)
• Ability to travel to diocesan schools as required.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained secondary teacher
• Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on the application
|Desirable Criteria||Maths/Science/Technology qualification
• Experience as a subject coordinator or assistant principal – curriculum
• Post graduate qualifications at Masters level
|Conditions of Employment||Conditions and salary commensurate with the Education & Professional Officers Agreement Maitland-Newcastle 2019-2020 at level 3.1 - 3.3 depending on qualifications and experience An initial contract of 2 years with possible extension.|
|Applications Close||Friday 17 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Rosa Tomassetti (firstname.lastname@example.org )||02 4979 1269|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||Applicants are expected to provide :
• A covering letter to the Head of Teaching and Learning (Ms Suzanne Fern) outlining reasons and suitability for the application
• Details addressing each of the criteria as listed for this position
• A Curriculum Vitae outlining how current and previous experience aligns with this position
• Names and contact details of three referees, one of whom should the applicant’s immediate supervisor. Note: The role is based at the Catholic Schools Office, Hunter Street, Newcastle. If this is a secondment, support from the Principal needs to be sought before applying. Applications should be emailed as one PDF attachment quoting Reference 11283 to email@example.com by Friday, 17 September 4.00 pm on the closing date.
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle