Education Support Assistant
To start November 2019 or earlier
Actual Term Time Salary: £14,226.37 - £16,021.03 Scale 3 - 4 Points 5-11
Including Outer Fringe Allowance of £460.97
32 hours per week, term time only for 39 weeks per year including INSET days.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and hard working
• Passionate about working with pupils who have special needs
• Conscientious and innovative
• Committed to working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Confident in dealing with children who may sometimes displaying challenging behaviours.
Parkwood Hall is a residential school for students aged 8 – 19 years with moderate to severe learning difficulties. Parkwood Hall aims to provide an outstanding and supportive learning environment which challenges students to achieve success. The core learning values, which are at the centre of the curriculum, focus upon developing the student’s resilience and ability to make informed life choices.
We are looking to recruit Education Support Assistants. The successful candidate will join a school where we invest in our staff and create skilled class teams. This is an ideal starting point for a career in special education and is a chance to work both in class and on the residential areas in this rewarding environment. These are new posts, created in response to the increased number of our students that need help with personal care and other physical support. You will be required to work with the students to assist with personal care, dining and ensuring that they are able to take an active part in all educational activities.
It is highly desirable that applicants hold a relevant qualification at NVQ level 3 otherwise you will be expected to begin working towards such a qualification within 3 months of starting work at Parkwood Hall School.
Applications and information can be found at www.parkwoodhall.co.uk under the ‘work for us’ tab or by sending your email address to Julie Calkin at email@example.com stating the name of the vacancy.
Please note that CV’s alone cannot be accepted
Parkwood Hall Co-operative Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our Candidate Privacy notice can be found on our website.
• This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and an enhanced DBS Disclosure is required.
• Applications are invited from black and ethnic minority candidates and from men, as these groups are under-represented on the school's staff. (RRA sections 35-38 apply).
Closing date: Midnight 27th October 2019
Visits to School: Week commencing 4th November 2019
Interview date: Monday 11th November 2019