Position: Education Systems Specialist/Trainer
Commencing Date:Monday, 30th November 2020
Salary Range: $76,117 - $87,347 pending experience
Classification:Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date:Monday,26th October 2020
Townsville Catholic Educationsupports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the south, and north to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students.Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the Role
The Education Systems Specialist/Trainer (ESS/T) is an Information Technology or Teaching professional who supports services within the Information Technology and Services Team (ITS). The ESS/T maintains existing services to achieve TCE’s strategic outcomes. Working with stakeholders, the ESS/T has a delivery focus that works to assist in the provision of creative solutions for improved services and outcomes within ITS. The ESS/T will perform routine and non-routine professional tasks governed by the approved ITS practices and procedures.
The ESS/T works with the Lead Education Systems Analyst and other Education Systems Support team to configure, plan, monitor, and manage Education Systems across TCE. The ESS/T works as a high-level technician in the lifecycle of an application incident, utilising experience and skills to solve complex technical issues with some emergent specialisation. The ESS/T will be utilised as a project build resource and will be required to have a hands-on knowledge of software installation, hardware installation, and other associated IT platform builds both independently and as part of a team.
The ESS/T will have a high level of input into the Continual Service Improvement Program. As a senior role within Service Delivery, the ESS/T will be expected to mentor and train junior employees and ensure documentation is available for skill sharing and training. The ESS/T will directly support the Lead Education Systems Analyst and Senior Education Systems Specialists in their support and maintenance of the software and hardware on the TCE Education Systems Suit (TCE ESS/T) supported by TCE ITS. The ESS/T will be required to travel regularly within the diocese to deliver services.
- Provide guidance and execution within the incident lifecycle to ensure high standard ITS Support to all TCE students and employees
- Collaborate with Education Systems team members to provide assistance in schools to facilitate the delivery and integration of IT Technology and Application projects and learning and process enhancements
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical/teaching issues
- Creation and maintenance of documentation
- Perform reporting on regular and ad-hoc cadences for Government, schools and ITS requirements
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, maintain system performance to meet TCE student and employee demand
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of the server infrastructure by ensuring system access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Assist with the provision of proactive and reactive support, ensuring strategic and tactical objectives are aligned
- Analyse teacher and non-teaching employee needs, suggest or design effective solutions
- Ensuring required controls are adhered to without compromising responsiveness and availability
- Lead small ad-hoc teams as required
- On call and after hours work as required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as reasonably directed.
- At least three years’ experience in ICT roles or 3 year's experience in teaching roles
- Demonstrable experience in managing IT infrastructure or using ICT in teaching and support of teaching
- Proven history of professional and confidential work ethic
- Ability to lead ad hoc small teams
- Knowledge and resilience in managing stressful situations
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet competing deadlines
- Knowledge of ITIL v4 service management processes/practices
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of employeesacross TCE
- Developed interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a broad stakeholder group
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same - the successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government.
- Tertiary qualifications in teaching, IT, or a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- WA background in education, classroom support, school office or technical support
- ITIL v4 qualifications
- PRINCE2 qualifications
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $76,117 - $87,347pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 1 Additional Week of Annual Leave without leave loading
- Salary packagingoptions
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete theapplication form
- Upload acurrent resumeincluding contact details (phone and email) oftwo professional referees
Please see the Position Descriptionfor more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Monday, 26th October 2020Apply Now
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education