Harris Aspire Academy is the hub for an alternative education provision, providing a personalised learning programme for its students, delivered by highly trained staff who inspire, motivate and re-engage them. Aspire gives students a second chance to achieve to their full potential. All students who are referred to Harris Aspire require that extra ‘something’ to support and arm them with strategies to improve the outcome of their lives.
Required as soon as possible, a flexible and experienced EWO (or related profession) to help our school to improve student attendance and reduce unnecessary absence and truancy. The EWO will be based in school, working closely with the Attendance Officer, the Behaviour and Educational Support Team and other members of staff.
This is an interesting and demanding post which will give the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a committed and dedicated team.
What we are looking for:
- An experienced monitor of attendance and unauthorised absence and able to take appropriate account to ensure improvements
- Experience of working with children aged 11+, including within a school/academy to fulfil its statutory duties in relation to pupil attendance
- The ability to successfully communicate with students, parents and external agencies
- Experience of giving support /taking remedial action in respect of individual absentees to secure regular attendance
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the social and emotional needs of children.
- The ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, as part of a team - including wiht staff, parents and outside agencies - and on own initiative.
- A working knowledge of ICT and MS Office.
Why work at Harris Aspire Academy?
- An outstanding opportunity to actively help young people overcome barriers that may have prevented them from engaging fully in mainstream education
- A superb, brand new working environment - our new building will open at the former South Norwood Police Station in Oliver Grove in the next two years
- Exceptional professional development and promotion opportunities
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
As part of the Harris Federation, you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation. If you are committed to the learning and well-being of London’s teenagers we welcome your application.
For more information, please contact the school on 020 3370 9238.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.