Tudor Grange Academy Worcester is seeking to appoint an experienced Education Welfare Officer. The successful candidate will work with school staff, pupils, parents and carers to promote high levels of attendance and to improve punctuality.
‘Every child deserves an outstanding education’ is one of the Trust’s core principles. Therefore, we recognise that students who face challenges that prevent them achieving consistently high attendance at school will find it difficult to succeed in their examinations.
We are looking for candidates who:
• have knowledge and awareness of legislation in relation to school attendance
• have experience and understanding of the education system
• have experience of working with young people of secondary school age particularly within deprived socio-economic areas
• are compassionate and caring, resilient and determined
• can communicate effectively and develop respectful and professional relationships with students, parents/carers and colleagues
Candidates must be available to work Monday to Friday for 20 hours a week. There is flexibility but ideally 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (20 hours per week).
To make an application and for further information including a Job description please visit www.worcs.tgacademy.org.uk. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT CV's.
Closing date: Friday 22nd January
Expected start date: ASAP
“The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to identity, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. With this in mind, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS.”
Tudor Grange Academy Worcester