(31 hours per week Term Time only)
Required as soon as possible, The Halifax Academy has the vacancies above. The successful candidates will have knowledge and experience of supporting students with educational and complex needs. Experience of supporting the class teacher in the development and implementation of various strategies to facilitate learning in line with the students’ needs and abilities.
The successful candidate’s will have an understanding of how students learn and make progress along with being excellent role models, good communicators and dedicated to raising the achievement of our students.
Being the founding member of the Impact Multi Academy Trust and the only 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale, we can offer excellent development opportunities for all of our staff. We currently have 1127 students learning within the academy, and this will grow to 1420 by 2020 when our primary phase is full.
We are a values driven organisation committed to living out our values of Heart, Mind and Communication and driven by our passion for all-through education and improving social mobility.
The successful candidates will be involved in:
- improving learning and teaching
- working as part of a team but using their own initiative
- motivating and inspiring our students to raise achievement
- tracking students individual performance and implementing intervention strategies
In return we can offer:
- working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students.
- enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
- effective supportive and dynamic leadership which welcomes and encourages innovation and creativity
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from the Academy’s website at http://www.thehalifaxacademy.org
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to The Halifax Academy no later than Friday 20th October by 9am.
CV’s and late applications will be accepted.
Gibbet Street, Halifax, HX2 0BA
Tel: 01422 301080
Headteacher (Secondary Phase) Mick Kay
Headteacher (Primary Phase) Lesley Bowyer
4 – 16 Academy N.O.R. 1127