Who We Are
The purpose of YueCheng Education (YCE) is to provide a future-oriented education for the children of Chinese and expatriate families living in Beijing. Founded on a passion to challenge and empower young people to live fulfilling and productive lives, YCE opened Beijing City International School (www.bcis.cn) in 2005. With the support of the YueCheng Educational Research Institute (YERI), this innovative school has provided the bedrock for YCE to extend its not-for-profit services to a wider community. The Learning Frontier (www.learningfrontier.cn) provides specialist support for children with learning and developmental needs, and the recently opened Reading Frontier (www.readingfrontier.com) inspires in children a passion for reading for life. YCE has now begun the construction of a network of Frontier Kindergartens, mainly for Chinese children. The strength of YCE lies in the quality of its international and Chinese staff, and the mutual support extended between the different but complementary institutions. YueCheng Education is an equal opportunity employer.
In recognition that all students have unique talents and learn differently, the Learning Frontier – Child and Family Learning Center (LF) is a community resource and network dedicated to providing supplementary services for students from the international and Chinese communities. LF serves families and children with mild, moderate and intensive learning needs and provides enrichment opportunities for highly capable students. These services may include, but are not limited to, psycho- educational assessments and evaluations, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, counseling and psychotherapy, and challenging enrichment opportunities specifically designed for highly capable students by bilingual and bicultural therapists and educators.
LF supports the professional learning of international and local Chinese educators and parents by offering bilingual workshops and certification courses in learning-focused areas. LF offers personalized, rigorous standards of service in order that all can realize their dreams. We are currently seeking international talent to join us in Beijing to help get our business off the ground.
To know more about us at www. learningfrontier.cn
Who We Are Looking For
Role description: The Educational Psychologist provides comprehensive psychoeducational assessment and mental health counseling for children and families.
Reports to: LF Director
• Graduation from accredited program of educational psychology/school psychology/clinical psychology
• Credential or in process
• Licensed Clinical Psychologist or Educational Psychologist preferred
• Experienced in using a wide range of test instruments and clinical ability to assess for ASD, ADHD, Learning Disability, emotional/mental health disorders, family dynamics that contribute to learning and functioning problems
• Experienced in individual, group and family counseling to address the social/emotional functioning of children
• Fluent in English; proficiency in Chinese is highly desirable
• Organized and comply with deadlines
• Provide comprehensive psychoeducational assessment and mental health counseling for children and families
• Conduct initial intake meetings, observations and screenings
• Administer and interpret diagnostic assessments to identify student need
• Draft reports with detailed interpretation of the findings and recommendations to be implemented in home and school settings
• Develop Individualized Education Program (IEP) plan with teachers and parents
• Provide individual & group therapy
• Develop treatment plan, keep therapy records/progress notes
• Work independently and also able to collaborate with other specialists in a multidisciplinary team
• Build partnership with families, teachers and schools
• Provide professional development on psychoeducation related topics
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary and benefit package based on experience
• Visa sponsorship for expat employees
• Paid leaves
• Medical insurance for full time employees
• Multicultural working environment
• Training and career development opportunities
Requirements for applying:
• Resume and application letter
• Letters of Recommendation/Reference if applicable
• Supportive documents if applicable
Applications can be sent directly to HR department of Yuecheng Education at email@example.com indicating the position in the email subject.
YueCheng Education Management Company Ltd
- International schools & colleges