• To support the students through the application of psychological theory and research in order to promote their emotional and social wellbeing.
• To work in consultation with parents, teachers, social workers, doctors and other people involved in the child's education in a variety of ways, including observations, interviews and assessments of students.
• offer a range of appropriate interventions, such as learning programmes and collaborative work with teachers and parents.
• To provide training/CPD sessions for teachers and other professionals on issues such as behaviour and stress management.
• To implement the educational strategy of the organisation.
Internal: all school employees.
External: as designated by the Management Team.
• To assess students’ learning and emotional needs by observing and consulting with the UAE recognised agencies to advise on the best approaches and provisions to support learning and development of the students.
• To develop and apply effective interventions to promote psychological well being, social, emotional and behavioural development, and to raise educational standards.
• To implement the Management vision for quality in the school to achieve the expectation of excellent education.
• To design and develop projects involving students.
• To write reports to make formal recommendations on action to be taken, including formal statements.
• To cooperate with the Management Team in all aspects to achieve the strategic goals of the organisation.
• To participate in the construction and implementation of the school's SEF and academic plan.
• To ensure the school policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
• Understanding of cultural and religious diversity in the UAE community
• Excellent communication skills
• Sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
• An open-minded and sensitive approach when dealing with students and young people
• The ability to explore emotional issues with children and young people
• A healthy curiosity and research-minded approach to work
• Analytical skills
• The ability to work as part of a team
• The ability to be assertive, persuasive and an effective facilitator
• Independence and self-motivation
• Self-awareness, self-knowledge, security and self-belief
• Capability to working under pressure
• Time management skills to be able to manage a caseload