For August 2018, The Arbor School is looking to employ an Educational Psychologist who is able to work within the school's SEND framework and provide academic and emotional support to all our students.
This is an opportunity to join the team of a new, premium, full age range school in Dubai which will open in August 2018. Operating to the English curriculum, the school will have, as its core philosophy, an emphasis on ecological education, education for sustainability and inclusion. The facilities shall be outstanding, and include bio-domes, learning gardens and extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
We therefore seek exceptionally hard working and motivated staff, who view a founding school as an opportunity to take an important role in shaping a truly outstanding education. Starting in the primary phase, we are looking to recruit staff who are willing to go that extra mile, and who are able to form excellent relationships with colleagues, parents and students. In particular, all our staff shall play a key role in fulfilling the school's mission in ensuring that The Arbor School fosters a positive, caring and compassionate learning environment, which is anchored by a deep sense of environmental justice and sustainability.
Supported by an experienced management team, the applicants will provide vision and leadership to the learning community and support a wide range of abilities with the help of on-site scientific, linguistic and learning-support/intervention expertise. Opportunities to take further responsibilities across the whole school are also available, and can be negotiated at interview.
The Arbor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to CV and qualification checking, interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Required Candidate profile:
- Relevant qualifications in counselling and registration with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy or appropriate governing body.
- A minimum of a Masters degree in Educational Psychology and registration with HCPC.
- Training in CBT would be an advantage (BPS approved)
- A background in education and an ability to teach, with the requisite qualifications
- A commitment to inclusion in schools and pro-actively ensuring high standards of student well-being
- An appreciation for environmental sustainability and of a values based education
- A sense of humour and excellent work ethic..
All positions attract a generous remuneration package including a competitive salary, accommodation allowance, schooling for children, private medical insurance, annual airfares and end of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law.
To apply for this position please ensure the following documents are sent to email@example.com for the attention of the Principal, Mr. Charles Grayhurst.
- An up to date CV with photograph included
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages in length, which outlines your educational philosophy and suitability for a role at The Arbor School.
Interviews shall be held in the UK or Dubai during January or February.
The Arbor School reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the termination of the advertisement date, so early applications are encouraged.