32 hours per week, term time only
We are looking to recruit an Educational Support Assistant & Lunchtime Support Assistant who will work under supervision, direction and guidance of the Teaching/Senior Staff in Upper Key Stage Two. You will assist the Teacher in the overall delivery of the Curriculum and in the management of pupils in the classroom, undertaking work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for all pupils. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
This post includes working as part of a team, being responsible for the supervision of pupils on the school site throughout the midday break, and assisting in securing the health, safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils.
We’ll look to you to support activities and good behaviour in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school.
As our ideal candidate, you will:
• Have Maths and English to GCSE Grade C or equivalent;
• Have experience of working with children/young people;
• Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young children through the support you give in order to encourage their learning;
• Be committed to our ethos that all pupils can achieve at Heaton Avenue Primary School;
• Have great references demonstrating you are a suitable candidate, safe to work with children.
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
• Equip our staff to deliver their best every day, our belief is that by Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best is the key;
• Encourage all our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives;
• Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development;
• Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others;
• Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated;
• Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development.
Heaton Avenue Primary School is one of our eight academies/schools within our trust and is part of a close-knit community well located for commute from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. We encourage that you visit the School to take a look around, where a warm welcome awaits.
You will see that Heaton Avenue Primary School:
• Offers an exceptional learning environment and facilities, alongside a wide range of professional learning and development opportunities;
• Is a vibrant place of learning and encouragement where children are happy, settled and confident;
• Has a broad and balanced curriculum that provides a memorable educational experience for all of its pupils;
• Aims to equip pupils with the attributes and attitude they need for their next stage of education;
• Is a designated Teaching School with the Green Light Alliance.
You are very welcome to visit the school and we have set aside Monday 21st October, between 2pm and 4pm. Please contact the School to make an appointment.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. To apply, please download an application form and return it to us by email.
Closing date: Friday, 25th October 2019.
Interview date: Friday, 8th November 2019.
SHARE MAT comprises of Beech Primary School, Cowlersley Primary School, Heaton Avenue Primary School, Luck Lane Primary School, Millbridge Junior, Infant and Nursery School, Royds Hall Community School, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.