Orchard Primary Academy is at the heart of the community in Chickenley, Dewsbury. We have fabulous children, who want to do well, alongside hard working, excellent teachers who are determined to ensure they succeed. The quality of teaching, behaviour and attitudes to learning are continually improving which is enabling us to give our children the best possible start. By working in partnership with our parents we will continue to move on our journey to good and on to outstanding.
- As an Educational Teaching Assistant you will be a key member of our staff who will help to ensure we have high quality provision for our children. It is imperative that you have:
- High expectations of the children’s academic and pastoral attainment
- An ability to focus on challenging the children, engaging their interest so they are able to enjoy and achieve at school
- The ability to build excellent relationships with our parents so we are able to work in partnership with them
- The ability to contribute to an ethos of mutual respect where children are able to work and play cooperatively
- The ability to help our children grown in confidence and develop enquiring minds.
- To provide high quality education for all children
- To have high aspirations for all, enabling everyone to develop to their best
- To work cooperatively together so all are able to achieve
- To enhance the life chances of all the children in our care
- To work closely with the local community in order to meet the needs of the children and parent
- To work with parents as partners in their child’s education
At Orchard we believe that every child is an individual with their own strengths and areas they can achieve well, helping to build their self-esteem. All are capable of achieving their best if they are given the right support and high quality education. By developing a skilled team, of both teachers and support staff, will be able to provide the ideal environment for our children to develop to their full potential.
It is essential we work in close partnership with parents, helping them to support their children effectively at school. Every child’s success will be celebrated within our school and it is up to us to ensure that the children have a strong sense of pride in what they achieve. We believe that every child should be able to enjoy and achieve in their learning as every second counts in a child’s education.